Brownie Tarts Recipe
Sharon Wilkins of Grande Pointe, Ontario says, "I often take these bite-size chocolate goodies to potluck dinners for our country dance club."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Maraschino cherry halves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in ungreased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a shell.
- 3. For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the pecans if desired. Spoon into shells.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with cherries if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC