Cap off dinner with these Brownie Sundaes. With prepared brownies, I can fix this sweet treat in a flash. For extra flair, I roll the ice cream in pecans before placing them on top of the brownies. It's a perfect finish to a mouthwatering meal. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 prepared brownies (3 inches square)
- 6 scoops vanilla or chocolate fudge ice cream
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and brown
- sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until
- chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat;
- stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons warm chocolate sauce onto each dessert
- plate. Top with a brownie and a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with
- additional chocolate sauce if desired. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 605 calories, 33 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.