Brownie Sundaes Recipe
Cap off dinner with these Brownie Sundaes. With prepared brownies, I can fix this sweet treat in a flash. For extra flair, I roll the ice cream in pecans before placing them on top of the brownies. It's a perfect finish to a mouthwatering meal. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 prepared brownies (3 inches square)
- 6 scoops vanilla or chocolate fudge ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons warm chocolate sauce onto each dessert plate. Top with a brownie and a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with additional chocolate sauce if desired. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Sundaes in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p15
Reviews for Brownie Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review