Brownie Spiders Recipe
I'm absolutely petrified of real spiders. But I can make an exception for these cute ones made from chocolate. They make perfect Halloween treats.Ali Ebright, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- 18 candy eyeballs
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions using an 8-in.-square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon melted chocolate to a small bowl; reserve for attaching eyes. Add noodles to remaining chocolate; stir gently to coat. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, separating noodles slightly. Freeze until set.
- Cut nine brownies with a 2-1/4-in. round cutter for spider bodies. Attach eyeballs using reserved melted chocolate. With a bamboo skewer or toothpick, poke eight holes in top of each spider for inserting legs. Insert a coated noodle into each hole. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 brownie spiders.
Originally published as Brownie Spiders in Country Woman October/November 2013, p67
Reviews for Brownie Spiders(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chocolate Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Country Woman Recipes >