Brownie Spiders Recipe
I'm absolutely petrified of real spiders. But I can make an exception for these cute ones made from chocolate. They make perfect Halloween treats.—Ali Ebright, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 package (15.80 ounces) brownie mix
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- 18 candy eyeballs
- 1. Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions using an 8-in.-square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon melted chocolate to a small bowl; reserve for attaching eyes. Add noodles to remaining chocolate; stir gently to coat. Spread onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, separating noodles slightly. Freeze until set.
- 3. Cut nine brownies with a 2-1/4-in. round cutter for spider bodies. Attach eyeballs using reserved melted chocolate. With a bamboo skewer or toothpick, poke eight holes in top of each spider for inserting legs. Insert a coated noodle into each hole. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 brownie spiders.
Reviews for Brownie Spiders
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2014
"these r sooo cute!!! ill try them soon!!"
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2014
"These are so cute and great to make with kids. These will be great to make at Halloween time and share with neighbors too."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC