Brownie Snack Cake
"You can have your cake and eat it too with this luscious, easy-to-prepare chocolate dessert," assures Gessica Brown of Rochester, Indiana.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, sugars, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add into
- the egg mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the center is set. Cool
- on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.