"You can have your cake and eat it too with this luscious, easy-to-prepare chocolate dessert," assures Gessica Brown of Rochester, Indiana.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add oil and vanilla. Combine flour, sugars, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add into the egg mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Snack Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p17
Reviews for Brownie Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2015
"Chocolatey and healthy...can't beat them!"
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2011
"This is a moist brownie with great flavor! I used 2 whole eggs instead of the egg whites and reduced the baking cocoa to 1/3 cup. Great easy recipe!"
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
"This is way to chocolate tasting for us."