- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add oil and vanilla. Combine flour, sugars, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add into the egg mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Snack Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p17
Reviews for Brownie Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2015
"Chocolatey and healthy...can't beat them!"
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
"This is way to chocolate tasting for us."