"'Chocoholics'" will love this extra-rich pie," assures June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup and sugar
- until smooth; stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for
- 45-50 minutes or until top begins to crack and crust is golden
- brown. Cool. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 404 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.