"'Chocoholics'" will love this extra-rich pie," assures June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup and sugar until smooth; stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top begins to crack and crust is golden brown. Cool. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brownie Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review