Brownie Pie A la Mode Recipe
This is a quick brownie recipe for when you need something good and chocolaty. Cutting them into wedges and topping them with fudge sauce dresses them up. My family loves these brownies. Our 11-year-old daughter makes them all by herself and gets raves every time. -Beverly Thornton, Cortlandt Manor, New York
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. For fudge sauce, in a microwave, heat the chips, milk, sugar and butter until chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with ice cream and additional fudge sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 511 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Brownie Pie A la Mode
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC