- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For fudge sauce, in a microwave, heat the chips, milk, sugar and butter until chocolate and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with ice cream and additional fudge sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Brownie Pie A la Mode
Sort By :
"These are really, really good if you sprinkle the top with Heath Toffee bits before baking!"
"Made this today for a Superbowl gathering. It was a hit! Two things though...One, the directions said "pour" the batter into the greased pie plate. It is thick batter and doesn't pour out...at least mine didn't...it must be spooned out. Second, the toothpick inserted near the center never did come out clean. I went ahead and took the brownie out at 30 min. It was actually a bit crunchy on the edges...I like crunchy so that was ok, but I would not have wanted to leave it in any longer waiting for the toothpick to come out clean. I will make these again."