"'Chocoholics'" will love this extra-rich pie," assures June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup and sugar until smooth; stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top begins to crack and crust is golden brown. Cool. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brownie Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2015
"Sounds amazing but it is not flour free, unless you make the pie crust without real flour."
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2009