Brownie-Peppermint Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 pint peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in vanilla and bittersweet chips. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Gently press down center of crust if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Drizzle caramel topping over crust; spread evenly with ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream; sprinkle with crushed peppermints. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 664 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.