A rich, chocolaty brownie crust is a perfect partner to refreshing peppermint ice cream. Holiday guests have come to expect this make-ahead dessert.—Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 pint peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in vanilla and bittersweet chips. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Gently press down center of crust if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle caramel topping over crust; spread evenly with ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over ice cream; sprinkle with crushed peppermints. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Brownie-Peppermint Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brownie-Peppermint Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review