If you crave brownies but not the longer baking time, try these quick chocolaty cookies shared by Mary Turner from Blountville, Tennessee. "I usually make them for the holidays, but they're good any time of year," she says.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- corn syrup and egg; beat well. Stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture;
- beat well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.