If you crave brownies but not the longer baking time, try these quick chocolaty cookies shared by Mary Turner from Blountville, Tennessee. "I usually make them for the holidays, but they're good any time of year," she says.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup and egg; beat well. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture; beat well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Brownie Mounds in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p52
Reviews for Brownie Mounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review