Brownie Mix Recipe
This mix I make instead of using the store-bought mixes. This one has so much flavor and is so easy to make.—Patricia D Kile, Greentown, Pennsylvania
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) baking cocoa
- 2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2-1/2 cups Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed. Store in a large airtight container in cupboard. Keeps 10-12 weeks. Yield: about 17 cups of mix.
- 2. To prepare brownies: In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Beat with spoon until smooth. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top tests done. Cut into squares while still warm. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 9 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC