- 6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) baking cocoa
- 2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2-1/2 cups Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed. Store in a large airtight container in cupboard. Keeps 10-12 weeks. Yield: about 17 cups of mix.
- To prepare brownies: In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Beat with spoon until smooth. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top tests done. Cut into squares while still warm. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 9 brownies.
Reviews for Brownie Mix(4)
Sort By :
Ok, I haven't made these yet, but c'mon! 2 1/2 cups dry mix, 2 eggs, and a teaspoon of vanilla? If you've ever baked anything you know you would need more liquid! Someone needs to revise this!
Needs liquid- 1- 2 c. Milk
I've made this mix several times and plan to keep making it. It is awesome. I like to add a hand-full of chocolate chips and slightly chopped nuts in the individual batches. It's a must try and great to have on hand for a quick dessert.
HAVEN'T MADE THEM YET AND THESE SOUND VERY GOOD, BUT I WOULD SUBSTITUTE SPLENDA FOR THE SUGAR.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >