Brownie Mallow Bars
From Lees Summit, Missouri, Stacy Butler notes, "These yummy bars are a hit wherever I take them." A brownie mix streamlines assembly of the chewy bars, which are topped with mini marshmallows and a decadent layer of chocolate, peanut butter and crisp cereal.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like
- brownies. Pour into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes. Top with marshmallows; bake 3
- minutes longer (marshmallows will not be completely melted). Cool on
- a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and
- butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal; spread over brownies.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting. Yield:
- 2-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix.