Brownie Mallow Bars Recipe
From Lees Summit, Missouri, Stacy Butler notes, "These yummy bars are a hit wherever I take them." A brownie mix streamlines assembly of the chewy bars, which are topped with mini marshmallows and a decadent layer of chocolate, peanut butter and crisp cereal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Pour into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes. Top with marshmallows; bake 3 minutes longer (marshmallows will not be completely melted). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in cereal; spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm before cutting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC