Brownie Kiss Cupcakes
It's fun to prepare individual brownie "cupcakes" with a chocolaty "surprise" inside. My goddaughter, Cara, asks me to make them for her birthday to share at school. This year, she requested 32. I later found out she only needed 27 for her class...wonder where the other five went!
-Pamela Lute, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and
- salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper, or foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Place a
- chocolate kiss, tip end down, in the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top of brownie springs
- back when lightly touched. Yield: 9 cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.