- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper, or foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Place a chocolate kiss, tip end down, in the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top of brownie springs back when lightly touched. Yield: 9 cupcakes.
Reviews for Brownie Kiss Cupcakes
"Super easy to make! The only thing I changed was I doubled the recipe (I got 22 cupcakes using a melon baller) and used 1/2 cup of regular cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder. They were rich and delicious!!! No issues rising and falling after baking. Will definitely be making again!"
"Wonderful tasty treat for parties!!"
"This is a "Brownie in a Cupcake Shape". The batter for this is truly a deep dense rich brownie batter and is very thick. I've had them turn out perfect one time and the next time slightly drier. My best results came from using individual silicone cupcake liners in your regular muffin pan instead of paper. I use a size #20 ice cream scoop and fill the silicone liners and then put the kiss in upside down as the recipe states. I then put a dollop of the remaining batter on top of each, to cover the chocolate kiss. I also put water in the remaining and unused molds in your pan, as this helps to preserve the life of your pan and helps these to not dry out. They really are very good :-)"
"I wonder if I did something wrong.I saw through the oven window that these cupcakes were rising beautifully and then they sunk in the middle. Is there a reason why this would happen? Does it have to do with process of combining the ingredients? The taste was great but if they don't look round on the top something is lost. Can someone please advice.Thank you!Alida"