It's fun to prepare individual brownie "cupcakes" with a chocolaty "surprise" inside. My goddaughter, Cara, asks me to make them for her birthday to share at school. This year, she requested 32. I later found out she only needed 27 for her class...wonder where the other five went! -Pamela Lute, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper, or foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Place a chocolate kiss, tip end down, in the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until top of brownie springs back when lightly touched. Yield: 9 cupcakes.
Originally published as Brownie Kiss Cupcakes in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p29
Reviews for Brownie Kiss Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review