Brownie Ice Cream Pie Recipe
"Family members know they're in for a treat when they see me gathering the ingredients for this recipe," writes Mrs. Travis Baker of Litchfield, Illinois. You can fill the brownie crust with store-bought ice cream or use one of the ice cream recipes here.Mrs. Travis Baker, Litchfield, Illinois
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 to 3 pints ice cream
- Delicious Chocolate Sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour and salt; add melted chocolate and vanilla. Stir in nuts. Spoon into a greased 10-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Fill with scoops of ice cream. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with chocolate sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman July/August 1995, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Brownie Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >