Brownie Ice Cream Cones Recipe
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 24 scoops ice cream
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; pour into a large bowl. Add sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in the flour, walnuts if desired and vanilla.
- 2. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are set on top and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- 3. Just before serving, top each with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 228 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Brownie Ice Cream Cones
"This was a yummy twist on a traditional brownie recipe. My family absolutely loved this dessert! The German sweet chocolate was so rich and decadent, you almost didn't need the ice cream on top (although it was a tasty addition!) For a larger brownie, I filled the cones slightly over halfway full and cooked them for ten minutes longer than the recipe stated."
"Great Idea with the ice cream."