Brownie Ice Cream Cones Recipe
Often, I'll find a recipe that sounds interesting, copy it down and put my own twist on it. That's just what I did with these Brownie Ice Cream Cones. I make them for our children when they have friends over. —Marlene Rhodes, Panama City, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 24 scoops ice cream
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; pour into a large bowl. Add sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in the flour, walnuts if desired and vanilla.
- 2. Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are set on top and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- 3. Just before serving, top each with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC