Brownie Ice Cream Cones
Meet the Cook: Often, I'll find a recipe that sounds interesting, copy it down and put my own twist on it. That's just what I did with these. I make them for our children - a son who's 11 and a daughter who's 7 - when they have friends over.
Because my husband is in the Air Force, we've moved quite a bit. In fact, we're relocating to Colorado in June. The traveling's been fun, though. I've ma
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 24 scoops ice cream
- Colored sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool
- slightly; pour into a large bowl. Add sugar and eggs until well
- blended. Stir in the flour, walnuts if desired and vanilla.
- Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; fill half full with batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are set on top
- and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs
- (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- Just before serving, top each with a scoop of ice cream and garnish
- with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium,