Often, I'll find a recipe that sounds interesting, copy it down and put my own twist on it. That's just what I did with these Brownie Ice Cream Cones. I make them for our children when they have friends over. —Marlene Rhodes, Panama City, Florida
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- 24 scoops ice cream
- Colored sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; pour into a large bowl. Add sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in the flour, walnuts if desired and vanilla.
- Place the ice cream cones in muffin cups; fill half full with batter. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until brownies are set on top and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely.
- Just before serving, top each with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Brownie Ice Cream Cones in Country Woman May/June 1997, p31
Reviews for Brownie Ice Cream Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review