Brownie Graduation Caps Recipe
Our home economists needed just a few items to create these cute chocolaty caps that guests will gobble up. The tasty treats are a snap to assemble by topping brownie cupcakes with mortarboards made from chocolate-covered graham cookies. A red licorice tassel adds the fast finishing touch.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 48 fudge graham cookies or graham cracker halves
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 48 pieces red shoestring licorice
- 48 Skittles bite-size candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for cakelike brownies. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 21-24 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely (remove paper liners while cupcakes are still warm).
- 2. Slice 1/8-in. from the top of each cupcake to level. Invert cupcakes; attach a cookie to each with a small amount of frosting. For tassel, place a licorice piece and a candy on top of each cookie, attaching with frosting. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 833 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 166 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC