Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until center is set (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack. Invert brownie onto a work surface and remove parchment paper.
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches may be used to prepare the following recipes: Candy Bar Ice Cream Sandwiches, Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches, Raspberry-Orange Ice Cream Sandwiches, S'more Ice Cream Sandwiches, Caramel-Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches and Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches. Yield: 12-15 ice cream sandwiches.
Reviews for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches(2)
Sort By :
I've made many batches of these and they never last long!
The brownie is quick and easy to stir together. Next time I make it I will make a double batch - put it in a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper - bake and remove from pan complete with paper - reline the pan and bake the second batch. Spread the ice cream on the cooled, second batch that is still in the pan and top with 1st batch. Put it into the freezer to freeze HARD then remove from pan, cut, and wrap.