This brownie recipe from Lucie Fitzgerald of Spring Hill, Florida is perfect for creating ice cream sandwiches. All you need is 4 cups softened ice cream. Cut the brownie in half widthwise; spread one half with ice cream and top with the other half of the brownie. Wrap in plastic and freeze, then cut into desired shapes - you'll have a treat everyone will enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until center is set (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack. Invert brownie onto a work surface and remove parchment paper.
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches may be used to prepare the following recipes: Candy Bar Ice Cream Sandwiches, Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches, Raspberry-Orange Ice Cream Sandwiches, S'more Ice Cream Sandwiches, Caramel-Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches and Double Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches. Yield: 12-15 ice cream sandwiches.
Originally published as Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p58
Reviews for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review