Brownie mix and instant pudding hurry along the preparation of this scrumptious layered dessert from Opal Erickson of Branson, Missouri. "My family asks for this rich treat for birthdays instead of cake," she notes.
- 1 package brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over brownies. In a small bowl, whisk milk and dry pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes; spread over the cream cheese layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with pecans. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Delight in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p15
Reviews for Brownie Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review