From Spearville, Kansas, Merrill Powers shares this recipe for individual brownie-like cupcakes studded with pecan pieces. "This crinkly tops of these chewy treats are so pretty that they don't even need frosting," she relates.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate
- chips, stirring until smooth. Cool. Add pecans; stir until
- well-coated. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, flour and
- vanilla. Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for
- 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe contains no leavening.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 286 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.