- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat egg and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Brownie Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Can the pecans be substituted by almonds?Because my little sister is allergic to pecans and walnuts."
"This is a fun novelty dessert. The brownie cupcakes are tasty, but a little more basic than other brownie recipes I've tried. I also used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips, which melted smoothly with the butter. I baked the brownie cupcakes at 350 degree opposed to 325 degrees. They cooked quickly and had a nice texture to them."
"I always triple this recipe to make a dozen. I also recommend using good quality chocolate chips- I like to use Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips. I have used toasted pecans or walnuts-so good! The last time I added 1/2 cup toasted coconut-even better!!!!! These freeze well-if you don't eat them all first. Also pretty with a small amount of chocolate frosting piped in the middle of each and some white sprinkles to top it off!"
"Quick, simple, tasty. I replaced the pecans with almonds and it worked great. I love that you don't need any icing to make it work, just the basics."
"These are really awesome! Mona"