Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
“I grew up in my parents’ bakery, which might explain why I don’t like frosting,” says Cindy Lang of Hays, Kansas. “These cupcakes are just my style! They come out shiny on top and are great without frosting.”
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat egg and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour; fold in pecans.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cupcake equals 297 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC