Brownie Caramel Parfaits
Chris Schnittka of Charlosttesville, Virginia easily transforms brownies, ice cream and caramel topping into a tempting treat. "Layers of toasted coconut and nuts add nice crunch and make this dessert seem fancy," she remarks. "But it really couldn't be simpler to put together."
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Place pecans and coconut in an ungreased baking pan. Bake at 350°
- for 10-12 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare brownie batter and bake according to package
- directions. Cool on a wire rack; cut into small squares.
- When ready to serve, in six parfait or dessert glasses, layer with
- brownies, ice cream, caramel topping and pecan mixture; repeat
- layers one or two times. Yield: 6 servings.