Brownie Caramel Parfaits Recipe
Chris Schnittka of Charlosttesville, Virginia easily transforms brownies, ice cream and caramel topping into a tempting treat. "Layers of toasted coconut and nuts add nice crunch and make this dessert seem fancy," she remarks. "But it really couldn't be simpler to put together."
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Place pecans and coconut in an ungreased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare brownie batter and bake according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack; cut into small squares.
- When ready to serve, in six parfait or dessert glasses, layer with brownies, ice cream, caramel topping and pecan mixture; repeat layers one or two times. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Caramel Parfaits in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p57
Reviews for Brownie Caramel Parfaits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2012
These are soooo good!! Excellent idea for a very special treat! The kids can even help putting them together! Make them smaller as I am sure they are loaded with calories along with the to die for combo!