Chris Schnittka of Charlosttesville, Virginia easily transforms brownies, ice cream and caramel topping into a tempting treat. "Layers of toasted coconut and nuts add nice crunch and make this dessert seem fancy," she remarks. "But it really couldn't be simpler to put together."
Recommended: 30 Perfectly Sweet Snacks
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Place pecans and coconut in an ungreased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare brownie batter and bake according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack; cut into small squares.
- When ready to serve, in six parfait or dessert glasses, layer with brownies, ice cream, caramel topping and pecan mixture; repeat layers one or two times. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Brownie Caramel Parfaits in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p57
Reviews for Brownie Caramel Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2012
"These are soooo good!! Excellent idea for a very special treat! The kids can even help putting them together! Make them smaller as I am sure they are loaded with calories along with the to die for combo!"