Brownie Bourbon Bites
Chocolate and chopped pecans flavor these simple, spirited treats from Paula Kirchenbauer of Newton, New Jersey. She recommends making a double batch so you can give some as gifts and savor the rest!
28 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in bourbon. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed
- mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until
- cookies are set. Cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.