Daintily drizzled with white chocolate, these eye-catching biscotti are loaded with chocolate chips and crunchy almonds. “They look so pretty in a holiday gift basket with an assortment of hot chocolate and teas,” notes Amber Sumner of Congress, Arizona.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla until well
- blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking
- soda; gradually add to butter mixture just until combined (dough
- will be crumbly).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead in almonds and
- chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet,
- shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. log, leaving 3 in. between
- the logs.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until set and tops are cracked.