Brownie Biscotti Recipe
Daintily drizzled with white chocolate, these eye-catching biscotti are loaded with chocolate chips and crunchy almonds. “They look so pretty in a holiday gift basket with an assortment of hot chocolate and teas,” notes Amber Sumner of Congress, Arizona.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture just until combined (dough will be crumbly).
- 2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. log, leaving 3 in. between the logs.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- 4. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and dry. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. For drizzle, in a microwave, melt vanilla chips and shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC