- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup M&M's minis, optional
- Animal crackers, pretzels and/or sliced apples
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. If desired, sprinkle with M&M's minis. Serve with dippers of your choice. Yield: 20 servings (2 tablespoons each).
Reviews for Brownie Batter Dip
"I sifted - or whisked to blend - the cocoa powder, powdered sugar a dash of salt, and about 2 tablespoons of flour together, easier to combine without streaks of light and dark, and no problem with graininess. I always substitute plain yogurt for part of the cream cheese in dips, makes it blend better and it's healthier. Use PLAIN, not sweetened vanilla flavored yogurt."
"Why would the flour be a food safety issue? If it is for gluten issues, then the reader can choose whether to make or modify the recipe. Is there any other reason the recipe was modified? And why wouldn't you automatically add a note if the recipe was modified?"
"You're correct, we removed the flour from the readers version for food safety reasons.VLMay you can use Greek yogurt or silken tofu in place of the cream cheese with acceptable results.Susan StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"Is there something that can be substitute for the cream cheese?"
"This really does taste like brownie batter with a tangy hint of cream cheese flavor. Mine didn't have the same fluffy appearance as the picture, though. Interestingly, when I looked at the author's site MelsKitchenCafe.org, the recipe there included 5 Tbsp flour. Is this a case of the cook "forgetting" an ingredient so that yours doesn't taste as good as hers? HA!"