- Meanwhile, line an 8-in. or 9-in. round bowl (1-1/2-qts.) with foil.
- Quickly spread strawberry ice cream over bottom and up sides of
- bowl, leaving center hollow; cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Pack
- vanilla ice cream into center; cover and freeze.
- To assemble, place the brownie base on a 10-in. ovenproof serving
- plate. Unmold ice cream onto brownie. Return to freezer while
- preparing meringue.
- In a heavy saucepan or double boiler over simmering water, combine
- the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. Heat over low heat while
- beating egg white mixture with a portable mixer on low speed for 1
- minute, scraping down sides of bowl. Continue beating until mixture
- reaches 160°. Remove from the heat. Beat on high speed until
- stiff peaks form.
- Quickly spread over ice cream and brownie. Bake at 500° for 2-5
- minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. (Or return to freezer
- until ready to bake.) Transfer to a serving plate; serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 427 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.