"I love visiting with friends over a pot of coffee, so I developed these crisp, chocolaty cookies to munch along with each cup," comments Jeanie Williams of Minnetonka, Minnesota. Brownie mix makes them easy to stir up, and a white chocolate and almond topping adds a festive look.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg plus 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, ground almonds, flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk egg, egg whites and extract. Add to brownie mixture; stir until combined.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 7x3-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 24 minutes. Remove from the oven; cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until firm.
- Cool on wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Brownie Alpine Biscotti in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p15
Reviews for Brownie Alpine Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review