Brownie Alpine Biscotti Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg plus 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, ground almonds, flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk egg, egg whites and extract. Add to brownie mixture; stir until combined.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 7x3-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 24 minutes. Remove from the oven; cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until firm.
- Cool on wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brownie Alpine Biscotti(4)
Sort By :
I made these as gifts for Christmas last year. I do remember having to add some extra flour to get them into the loaf shapes for baking. The beauty of this recipe is starting with a packaged brownie mix. What a time saver! Everyone I gave them to said they loved them. If I have time this year, I'll make them again and keep them for me and my husband!
Thanks to the feedback of previous posts I added 3/4 cut flour instead of 1/2 cup. This resulted in the ideal consistency and the result was delicious biscotti. They tasted and looked better then most I have had from my local cafe!
Too hard, not what I had hoped for
There appears to be a mistake in this recipe. It needs more flour because the batter was very wet and sticky. Even after refrigerating the dough, it was not possible to shape the dough.