- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg plus 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, ground almonds, flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk egg, egg whites and extract. Add to brownie mixture; stir until combined.
- Divide dough into thirds. On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 7x3-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 24 minutes. Remove from the oven; cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until firm.
- Cool on wire racks. If desired, sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is completely set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brownie Alpine Biscotti
"I had issues finding almond flour/ground almonds....for a double batch, I took 6 oz of sliced almonds and put them through the blender then topped with whole wheat flour and it worked.Also, I don't like that there are "hidden" nuts in here because I ship a lot overseas so I actually did this without the ground almonds...I replaced that 3/4 cup with 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. While the almond version is better, both were very good and turned out a great consistency. I also replaced the almond extract with vanilla extract.I didn't have flour issues - yes it is very sticky and I had to almost "knead" it with my hands to get it mixed and then ended up with club hands in getting this on the cookies sheets, but I never did add any extra flour and they turned out well."
"My recipe doesn't show any amount for eggs or egg whites. Help!"
"I made these as gifts for Christmas last year. I do remember having to add some extra flour to get them into the loaf shapes for baking. The beauty of this recipe is starting with a packaged brownie mix. What a time saver! Everyone I gave them to said they loved them. If I have time this year, I'll make them again and keep them for me and my husband!"
"Thanks to the feedback of previous posts I added 3/4 cut flour instead of 1/2 cup. This resulted in the ideal consistency and the result was delicious biscotti. They tasted and looked better then most I have had from my local cafe!"
"Too hard, not what I had hoped for"