Browned Butter Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut stem ends off unpeeled garlic cloves. Wrap cloves in a piece of foil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap and cool to room temperature. Squeeze garlic from skins. Mash with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 3. Place cauliflower in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with browned butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown and tender.
- 4. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and roasted garlic; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Browned Butter Roasted Cauliflower
"This was just ok. I didn't care for the lemon."
"I won't make this again, wasn't very well liked in my family."
"I made this as an attempt to make myself like cauliflower and succeeded! Wonderful!"
"Love that it puts a new twist on an old, boring veggie."
"How delicious this was. Made this for a family Sunday dinner. Every one asked for the recipe !"
"Delicious! Sweet, nutty, and piquant...Thank you. Gina!"