Browned Butter Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Growing up, my mother (who insists on loving some of the least popular vegetables) always raved about how deliciously sweet and tender cauliflower can be. The briny capers, lemon juice and sweet raisins together allow the caramelized, nutty cauliflower to shine. —Gina Myers, Spokane, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut stem ends off unpeeled garlic cloves. Wrap cloves in a piece of foil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap and cool to room temperature. Squeeze garlic from skins. Mash with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 3. Place cauliflower in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with browned butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown and tender.
- 4. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and roasted garlic; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 148 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC