Browned Butter Red Potatoes
I've been making my version of Dad's potatoes for years, and it goes great with any meal. Browning the butter gives the potatoes a whole new taste.—Anne Pavelak, Endicott, Washington
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 medium red potatoes (about 4 pounds), quartered
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Heat 5-7 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds longer or until butter is golden
- brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with browned butter and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings
- (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 246 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.