Browned Butter Frosting Recipe
This old-fashioned frosting is great on an apple cake or spice cake or cupcakes.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook butter over low heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough remaining milk to achieve spreading consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC