Browned Butter Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook butter over low heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough remaining milk to achieve spreading consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 202 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Browned Butter Frosting
"horrible tasted too buttery and too much sugar. i used the recipe exactly it is gross!!!!!"
"Delicious over banana bread!"