Browned Butter Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook butter over low heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough remaining milk to achieve spreading consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 202 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Browned Butter Frosting
"horrible tasted too buttery and too much sugar. i used the recipe exactly it is gross!!!!!"
"Delicious over banana bread!"