- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, cook butter over low heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough remaining milk to achieve spreading consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Browned Butter Frosting in Taste of Home Baking Book 2007, p168
Reviews for Browned Butter Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2013
"horrible tasted too buttery and too much sugar. i used the recipe exactly it is gross!!!!!"
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2013
"Delicious over banana bread!"