- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan, cook butter over low heat until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, 3 tablespoons milk and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough remaining milk to achieve spreading consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Browned Butter Frosting in Taste of Home Baking Book 2007, p168
Reviews for Browned Butter Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2013
"horrible tasted too buttery and too much sugar. i used the recipe exactly it is gross!!!!!"
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2013
"Delicious over banana bread!"