Crispy rice treats were one of the first recipes I ever made as a kid. For this version, I wanted to make something similar but more special. Friends and family think using Cap'n Crunch in and browned butter is genius, but I just call them delicious.—Kelly Krauss, Lebanon, New Jersey
Featured In: 14 Recipes for Cereal Bars
- 4 cups white fudge-covered miniature pretzels
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups Cap'n Crunch
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend over sides; set aside. Freeze pretzels, miniature marshmallows and baking chips 1 hour.
- Remove pretzels, marshmallows and baking chips from freezer; combine in a large bowl. In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 10-13 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Add large marshmallows; cook and stir until blended. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in cereal until coated. Stir in pretzel mixture; transfer to prepared pan, pressing evenly with a buttered spatula. Cool completely.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove cereal mixture from pan. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Browned Butter Cereal Bars in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p115
Reviews for Browned Butter Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2016
"This was so good I honestly felt like crying my self to sleep because this is greater than morning wood"