Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray, alternately layer sweet potato and apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with brown sugar mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until apples are tender, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 178 calories, 0.550g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
"Too dry, so I doubled the sauce ingredients and put it back in the oven. I also kept it covered with foil. Then it came out much better. Everybody at Easter loved them!!"
"I made this recipe for Easter dinner, my family loved it!"