- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and sliced
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray, alternately layer sweet potato and apple slices in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until apples are tender, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Candied Sweet Potatoes in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p42
Reviews for Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review