Brown Sugar Squash
You'll love this sinfully good side dish that works with just about any meal. With brown sugar, butter and honey, what's not to love? One tester even said that it's so good it tastes like candy. We think kids will agree. -Kara de la Vega of Santa Rosa, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a
- microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes
- or until tender.
- Turn squash cut side up. Fill centers of squash with brown sugar,
- butter and honey; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave
- on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 squash half equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.