Brown Sugar Shortbread
These rich buttery cookies have just three ingredients! They're a snap to make for a last-minute gift or when guests will be arriving on short notice. For best results, gradually stir the flour into the dough.
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in flour and mix well. Turn onto a lightly floured
- surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pat into a
- 1/3-in.-thick rectangle measuring 11 in. x 8 in.
- Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield:
- 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.