Brown Sugar Shortbread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour and mix well. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pat into a 1/3-in.-thick rectangle measuring 11 in. x 8 in.
- Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Shortbread(11)
Sort By :
Thanks for having this shortbread recipie on line. It is the same one my mother and grandmother made. They were from Manitoba also. And it makes the best short
Pretty bland. For all the butter and brown sugar it should have more flavor, I think. Would not make it again. (This may be okay as a cookie to go with ice cream but I wouldn't waste the calories on them.
I love these cookies just the way they are!! They are so easy and they melt in your mouth. I will make them again and again and again!!!
great with strawberry jelly on top!
I just made these today, they taste great! I have made shortbread before only once, and I just LOVED the addition of the brown sugar. They are so simple yet so yummy! Instead of cutting into squares I used a 1 1/2 inch biscuit cutter which gave the cookies ridged edges. SO cute and yummy! Will definitely make again; thanks so much for sharing!