Brown-Sugar Salmon with Strawberries Recipe
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; rub over flesh side of salmon. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- For relish, in another bowl, mix mint, oil, lemon juice, lemon peel and sugar. Add strawberries and cucumber; toss to coat.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with relish. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups relish).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Brown-Sugar Salmon with Strawberries(7)
Sort By :
This delicious dish was our first attempt at grilling fish - came out pretty good too! We appreciated the fact that the recipe mentioned to oil the grill first. Our salmon took about 18 minutes to cook. The edges were crusty and delicious. Loved the brown sugar topping. The relish was good also. I almost think I'd like the relish without the strawberries to get all the sweetness from the brown sugar - a nice contrast to the cucumbers. Will definitely make this again.
This was amazing - especially the salmon!
My husband, who is a picky eater, loved this recipe! It was very easy to make. I had to make one change, though. I'm allergic to citrus. So instead of lemon juice and peel, I used sour salt or citric acid for that lemony taste. I would definitely make this for dinner party!
My whole family LOVED this (including 11 and 9 year old kids)! I pretty much followed the recipes exactly (except that I didn't have mint). BBQ'd the salmon (one large 1.3 lb fillet from Costco) on the grill (benefit of living in Southern CA in April) and it was perfect. My husband said "Save this recipe to make again". Thank you!
I changed the recipe a little!
I baked the salmon, instead of grilling it, because, fish sticks really bad to the grill. It does not matter which kind.
The relish, I used corn instead of Cucumbers, since they bother my stomach.
Also, I did not used mint, I used cilantro instead. I omitted the sugar on the relish and the salt on the salmon. I used Splenda brown sugar, and I used about 1/8 cup.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Salmon >
- Grilled Salmon Recipes >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Salmon Dinners >