- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 20 muffins.
Reviews for Brown Sugar Rhubarb Muffins
"EXCELLENT recipe!!!! yummy and moist and plenty of tart rhubarb flavor!!"
"We enjoyed the muffins. I did add cinnamon to the batter also. Don't forget to add the topping before baking. The recipe does not state that."
"These were very good. The whole family enjoyed them."
"Substituted half of the flour for whole wheat flour. Tasted great!"
"Very good! I used pecans instead of walnuts, just a personal preference"